Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hydroponics Project Update #1

The weather here in Northern Greece this past 5 days was horrible. So I couldn't really do much on my build. So this update is more like a situation report. I decided what plants to plant... tomatoes!

I'm currently awaiting more hardware for my build, like the net-pots. I'm also looking into electronics for interfacing the Micro-controller (Arduino UNO) with two 12V pumps (water & air), interfacing the probes (ph & EC). I know a lot about the physics of electronic components but haven't really done any real implementations. So I'm mostly in the dark on that front.

If any one knows how to interface a 12V pump with an Arduino please post on the comments below. I have found a few websites with technical details and things look relatively easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...